Annapolis (December 20, 2014) – The Department of Public Works, Waste Management Services will observe the following curbside collection and facility operating schedule at the Millersville Landfill and Resource Recovery Facility and the Northern, Central and Southern Recycling Centers in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
Holiday Schedule – Christmas
- Dec 25th – NO Curbside Collection – WMS Facilities Closed
- Dec 26th – Curbside Collection Provided to Thursday Customers – WMS Facilities Open
- Dec 27th – Curbside Collection Provided to Friday Customers – WMS Facilities Open
Holiday Schedule – New Year’s
- Jan 1st – NO Curbside Collection – WMS Facilities Closed
- Jan 2nd – Curbside Collection Provided to Thursday Customers – WMS Facilities Open
- Jan 3rd – Curbside Collection Provided to Friday Customers – WMS Facilities Open
Tips for Christmas tree recycling:
*Remove tree stand, metal ornament hangers and all decorations, including lights tinsel and garland. Large trees should be cut in half so they can fit in the truck.
*Christmas trees will be collected on your recycling day and must be at the curb before 6 a.m. You may also bring Christmas trees to one of our recycling centers to be included with yard waste.
*Christmas trees are chipped into mulch, a valuable soil covering.
Remember to recycle these items during the holiday, too!
Wrapping paper, tissue paper, greeting cards, seasonal advertisements, gift catalogs, gift boxes, cardboard boxes, junk mail, soft and hard cover books, newspaper, phone books and magazines.